Friday, January 30, 2009

My baby turns 6!






















My baby turns 6, today!! A day of celebration!! Having a boy after 3 girls has truly been an adventure, and a very humbling experience for this mom who, with 3 children under her belt, felt experienced and confident and thought she was prepared for anything... Today, I am grateful for my little sunshine, for this bundle of energy, who keeps me on my toes and never bored, who makes us all laugh, who makes us pull our hair out, who keeps us wondering how in the heck do genetics work...


Today is a day for good thoughts!! So, for today, I will try to forget how truly painful it was to deliver a 10 lb 2 oz baby "au naturel", with no pain medication....


















... For today, I will repress the memories of that time when he decided to give my carpet a shampoo treatment or when he took it upon himself to add that certain "zing" to his bedroom...




















... or when his scientific endeavors caused a clogged toilet and a subsequent flood downstairs, which forced my husband to remove the toilet and crawl under the house to remove an airplane stuck in the pipes...























... or the day when he turned the water on in the laundry room's sink (upstairs) just before we left the house for two hours...

... or the time when the neighbor came to warn us that he was dancing on top of my car butt naked... No big surprise, since Alex spent half of his toddler years butt naked (inside of the house and out)...























... For today, I will try not to think of that day, when he was three, and he actually drove my car, backing it onto the porch at the local antique mall!! Still to this day I can't figure out how he managed to take the car key away from me, get in the driver's seat, turn the key on and back the car onto the covered porch... All of this in just about one minute!!

... Of course we just about forgot about all those trips to the emergency room...

























Yes, today is my son's birthday!! And I am no longer thinking about this morning, when we revealed to him his grand present, a brand new bicycle, waiting for the squeals of delight, only to be met with an empty glare and a "it's too big for me!", as he turned his back and walked away...























Today I am trying to laugh at all those things that have made me cry, scream, run.... What a true joy it is to have this little boy in my life!!! Never a dull moment, never short of stories to tell the grandparents, never missed photo ops...!!
























Yes, today my baby turns 6... Measured in white hairs, it is the equivalent of 60!!! But, what a trip it has been!! I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world! I love you, Alex, will you stay my baby forever??!!

1 comment:

mimi charmante said...

Imagine four of them...
The really, truly great moms are the ones that, when they see something that should bring on the tears grabs a camera instead!
xo